I just attended a virtual German class. We use Zoom. But since this whole COVID-19 crisis broke out, we have been relaxing our methods much more, and actually just going with the flow and following what we felt like doing, mainly chatting about anything we want. It was generally accepted that everyone was feeling rather lost and shocked, trying to get a grip on such a strange reality. Now that we are slowly getting used to these virtual sessions, somehow some sort of structure is creeping back in, and that is when I start losing interest and getting bored again. And this makes me see that us humans force ourselves to do things that we don't really feel like doing. Because rationally they produce a result. Does any other species do that? Contradict its gut instinct. Animals always seem to be in their element, never go against their will...but humans are constantly torn between their biological instinct and their rational logic, which is what often produces malaise, albeit it being most probably why we have survived and thrived exponentially.

It is also the reason why I have secretly been relishing the lockdown. I am less confronted by the conflict between what I would like to do and what I should do... and it will be hard to step this lifestyle back up once we emerge from the lockdown.

Comments

Popular Posts